How To Keep Your Minivan Alive! is essential reading for anyone considering the purchase of a new car. Engineer and author Mark Warner cuts through the dealer hype and technical misinformation with an easy-to-read explanation of how to care for a new minivan.
Topics covered in this highly entertaining book include:
- Vehicle Buying Secrets
- Break-in Myths and Truths
- Vital Automotive Fluids
- Chassis, Brakes, and Suspension Care
- Tire and Wheel Tech
- Washing and Waxing Advice
- Tune-ups and Repair Recommendations
- and much, much more
If you've ever wondered how some owners keep their vehicle This repair manual covers Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana full-size vans, 1996 through 2005. Note: the manual does not include information specific to all-wheel drive, diesel or 8.1L engine models.
Table of Contents
- About this manual
- Introduction to the Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana vans
- Vehicle identification numbers
- Buying parts
- Maintenance techniques, tools and working facilities
- Jacking and towing
- Booster battery (jump) starting
- Automotive chemicals and lubricants
- Conversion factors
- Fraction/decimal/millimeter equivalents
- Safety first!
Chapters: Tune-up and routine maintenance | 4.3L V6 and 5.0L, 5.7L and 7.4L engines | 4.8L, 5.3L and 6.0L V8 engines | General engine overhaul procedures | Cooling heating and air conditioning systems | Fuel and exhaust systems | Engine electrical systems | Emissions and engine control systems | Automatic transmission | Drive-line | Brakes | Suspension and steering systems | Body | Chassis electrical system | Wiring diagrams
Haynes repair and service manuals can save you money on maintenance and repair bills. Step-by-step procedures and illustrations guide you through every job, from basic maintenance and troubleshooting, to complete tear down & rebuild.With a Haynes manual, you can do it yourself from simple maintenance to basic repairs. We learn the best ways to do a job and that makes it quicker, easier and cheaper for you. Our books have clear instructions and plenty of photographs that show each step. Whether you're a beginner or a pro, you can save big with Haynes!
--Complete troubleshooting section
--Valuable short cuts
--Color spark plug diagnosis
- Publisher: Haynes Manuals, Inc. 2005
- Author: Mike Stubblefield, John H. Haynes
- Binding: Paperback 8 x 10 inches
- Pages: 286 Hundreds of b&w photos and illustrations
- ISBN: 1563925788